Some thoughts after CNN’s GOP debate:
Rand Paul gets the Jon Huntsman Award as the Republican who wins the Democrats vote.
- Jeb Bush is having a terrible time, as I see it, and it is only getting worse. He is the establishment, big donor, old news candidate that doesn’t fit the mood. He seems like a defensive spoiled weakling getting bullied. He is owning, disowning, and reowning his brother. Whatever criteria qualifies for “he kept us safe” applies as much to Obama as W.
- I am surprised that no one is calling out the Democrats for flirting with a socialist whose signature policy idea is stupid.
- Ben Carson is in over his head.
- There was a time when no Republican would have supported turning Social Security into a redistributive, means tested program. It seems like they all do.
- My wife thought Marco Rubio looked so good he must be the Antichrist. He has VP written all over him.
- Ted Cruz is a poor man’s Joel Osteen. I despise his televangelist affectations and can’t believe that kind of thing works. Yuck.
- The inevitable decline and fall of Trump may drop a big opportunity into Ted Cruz’s lap, if you asked me.
- John Kasich is weird.
- I don’t think anyone would have believed that in the 2016 primary contest, Chris Christie would seem mild, quiet, and skinny.
- Carly Fiorina is the winner of the summer. Her obliteration of Trump reminded me of the scene in ‘The Lord of the Ring: The Return of the King’ when Eowyn kills the Witch-king: “I am no man!”
- Huckabee is an idiot.
- Pataki, Jindal, Santorum, and Graham should drop out.