By now you’ve all read/heard/seen the Mayor McAdams/Rep. Miller throwdown on the news. But I think it’s safe to say there’s really just one question left on everyone’s mind: How long will it take Pat Bagley to draw an editorial cartoon that bashes a couple of Democrats? Come on, Pat, this one has everything: Top tier elected politicians, the possibility of hiding crime before an election, tens of thousands of dollars misused, accusations of corruption and whistleblowing. The only thing we’re missing are some Krispy Kremes.
For those living under a rock:
And Dan Burton’s write-up from yesterday, which raises some interesting questions.
Elsewhere around the Hub:
• Stan weighs in on Medicaid Expansion. The takeaway? This is not an easy, or simple decision.
• John English weighs in on Hillary Clinton, who’s taking media grief for not answering any questions. John’s point: Why would she?
Elsewhere around Utah:
• Max Roth makes an excellent point about Utah’s water consumption: Agriculture is responsible for 82 percent of the use, but also loses half of that in transportation. By all means stop watering your lawn, stop taking showers, stop brushing your teeth, stop doing the dishes, and stop washing your clothes. But the biggest returns are to be found in agricultural efficiencies. (Fox 13)
• UTA decides on partial bonuses for reaching some of their goals. Which I suppose is a partial improvement in their policies. I do love that they’re claiming they partially achieved some of their goals. Which in the real world translates to: YOU DIDN’T ACHIEVE THOSE GOALS. (Trib)
• The country’s top immigration official came into town to say the system is broken. Well, duh. Not for nothing, but Utah tried some pretty forward thinking things a few years ago. If the feds would worry less about appearances on Fox News and MSNBC, spend just slightly less than 85 percent of their time fundraising, and get their arses in gear, then maybe, maybe something would get done. (Trib)
And if none of that interests you, scientists are teaching an artificial intelligence how to “simulate” anger. WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!