In episode 3 of the FortyFive politics podcast we talked about the frivolous fraud allegations leveled against Representative Ken Ivory and Senator Todd Weiler’s pro-Medicaid expansion op-ed. We also spoke with Representative Norm Thurston (R-Provo) about Healthy Utah, the House compromise bill, and more.
00:00-01:18 – Intro
01:19-10:32 – Fraud allegation against Rep. Ken Ivory
10:33-22:05 – Senator Todd Weiler Healthy Utah Op-Ed
22:06-1:05:43 – Special guest Representative Norm Thurston
1:05:44-End – FortyFive Roundup
From the FortyFive Roundup:
- Swallow waives preliminary hearing; lawyer says no plea deal in works (Salt Lake Tribune)
- Final open house for prison relocation draws massive crowd in Eagle Mountain (Fox13)
- Poll: Utahns want term limits for elected offices (Utah Policy)
- New drive launches to limit terms of Utah officeholders (Salt Lake Tribune)
- Clinton rivals pounce as her ratings fall (Washington Post)
- Koch brothers group launches campaign against Healthy Utah (Deseret News)
We would love it if you would leave us a review on iTunes. Thanks for listening!