Welcome to the Utah Political Capitol Podcast with Curtis Haring, Dylan McDonnell, and Bob Kubicheck!
In the first half: Mia Love’s swan song, the possible end to straight ticket voting, two people have declared their intentions to replace, and a new opponent emerges against Salt Lake City Mayor, Jackie Biskupski.
In the second half: In a show of true leadership, Mike Lee chooses not to protect the Muller investigation, the legislature talks about medical marijuana, Governor Herbert wants to increase the food tax, Utah County doesn’t appear to have it’s act together on its UTA board appointees, and the Utah GOP continues to eat itself.
Other talking points include:
- Splitting the uprights.
- Congressman: a demotion and drop in quality of life.
- The most dangerous drivers: the elderly.
- Literally attacked him.
- Ziggy brought her home.
- Hotdog Operating System.
- 70% of my hate is his face.
- The coup can happen so long as we get to keep the zingers.
- Ben McLovin
- Thanks Wikipedia.
- It’s always Utah County.
- Credit where credit is due.
- We were wrong, Romney was Right.
- The Goldilocks Zone.
- So many bullet points.
- Narrowly avoiding a lawsuit.
- SimCity Tax Policy
For you fuddy-duddies that don’t like the cold open: The politics talk kicks in at a quick 35 seconds or 6:10 depending on how you cut it.