So – the D’s are on the hot seat right now, as Rep. Justin Miller has a criminal investigation underway looking at his alleged slight of hand and some thirty grand gone missing from his previous employer.
He’s no Jean Valjean needing bread to feed his sister’s starving child. Apparently, he
needed wanted the money to set up shop as a Democratic campaign consultant. In Utah.
Now it might just be me, but there are a lot of things that are easier and have a much better chance of success than being a campaign consultant for the D’s in Utah. For example:
- Setting up shop as the first marijuana dispensary in the state.
- Changing the liquor laws of the state
- Running PR campaigns for the Utah Republican Party
- Getting the GOP state central committee to agree on anything
- Being the legal defense teams for John Swallow and Mark Shurtleff
- Getting caffeine on BYU campus
- Fight clubs in Provo
- A strict honor code at the U of U
- Moving the prison
- Getting the Republican-dominated legislature to raise taxes not once but twice in one session.
I think Rep. Miller needs to revisit “What Color is Your Parachute” and make a different career choice. (Although in this case, the parachute may well be orange.)